My Uncle gave me his old Fitbit that he never uses after my old one died and I was reduced to using Pokemon Go to track my distance walked. In addition to a ton of neat features like counting stairs climbed and monitoring my heart rate, this Fitbit also tracks sleep—or lack there of. Remember last entry where I was complaining about feeling constantly run down, lacking energy, being sleepy?
Yeah. The answer was really simple. I wasn’t sleeping.
I’ve been working on that, and the results are such that I already feel better, more positive and I’ve even been getting some writing done! I’ve also got some exciting news to share–NineStar Press has accepted Life After Humanity, the third book in the Thorns and Fangs series! I’m very pleased, and hoping to make progress on my to-do list in June so I can get to work on book four as soon as possible.
But before June, let’s review May:
Plot Thorns and Fangs Four
- Write Thorns and Fangs Four- 2/21 chapters–so that’s a start!
Finish editing Life After Humanity Submit LAH
- Daily mindfulness habit –No! I let this slide…and I think that’s another reason May was such a struggle.
- Eat five plus fruit or veges a day + vitamin …. Mostly. I need to get better at this!
- Walk every day. Mostly! Much more frequently than I have all year. The only days I haven’t been doing this was when weather or my workload prevented me.
In addition to being low-energy, May was the month that Freelance tried to take over. The dog I’m looking after had a health scare (he is okay now, but still not 100%–poor little dog!), and my wonderful auction winner Kathleen gave me a really fun story request. During May, I felt I was not making progress, but now I’m at the end of the month, I see I’ve accomplished more than I realised … But there’s even more I want to do in June!
- Write More Than Coffee, Kathleen’s story.
- Freelance Project Number 1.
- Freelance Project Number 2.
- Continue work on Dead Wrong (Thorns and Fangs 4)
- Walk everyday
- Vitamin + Five Plus
First day of June, I cannot say that I am off to a great start… But there were some exceptional circumstances! I have a lot of family and freelance commitments this month so it is going to be a squeeze getting everything in. Still, I think that if I get into a steady routine (and also sleep), I will be able to make good progress.