September seems to have gone by like a steam-roller. This month was unrelenting with hurricanes, volcanoes, and a national election here in New Zealand that will probably not be resolved until mid-October. When things get insane, I find myself needing more quiet time off social media simply recharging my batteries. At least I got a lot of work done!
I’ve already shared the big news—Dead Wrong is complete and I submitted it to NineStar this afternoon. I’m bizarrely happy with it. Bizarrely happy because it’s rare that I feel this positively about anything I’ve written after submitting it. Usually, the moment I hit ‘send’ on that Submission e-mail, I immediately remember every niggling doubt I had while writing. Author friends, can you relate?
- Edit Gentlemen Don’t Murder. Done! Submitted it to my editor friend and betas, waiting for responses.
- Complete Dead Wrong. Done! YAY!
- Freelance Project #3 Still working on this, but this is my client behind schedule, not me.
- Regular blog updates Whoops!
- Submit work to agent Not done–moving to October.
- Work on craft Not consciously worked on. Will have to do better!
Overall, I’m pretty happy with what I achieved in September. There were some unexpected things that popped up. Freelance Project #3 doesn’t really give a good idea of how much freelance work I did, and from one day babysitting a week, I’ve gone up to one day and two half days. Despite all this, I stayed on track with my primary goals and even got some reading for fun in.
- Banging the Supernatural (And Other Poor Life Choices #1) – revise draft.
- Freelance project #1
- Freelance project #2
- Read 4 books on Craft/Marketing
- Plot my Nano project
- Mindfulness Habit
- 9 Blog Posts
October’s going to be an even busier month than September… Wish me luck!